What’s on this week

Say so long to summer

Say so long to summer

Image from Sets on the Beach

Image from Sets on the Beach

Say so long to summer

Venine Palm, Reporter

Although summer has come to an end, the month of March will be bringing you some of the best events in Perth.

So get off the couch, wave goodbye to Netflix and get outside to enjoy these last few weeks of sunny outdoor weather.

Here’s our top picks for the week:

Saturday March 24

Sets on the Beach Summer Send Off

What better way to say goodbye to summer than combining the two things us ‘Aussies’ love most:

Music … and the beach of course!

Sets on the Beach is renowned for hosting some of WA’s biggest beach bashes, and they’re back this Saturday for the ‘Summer Send-Off’.

The party starts at 2pm at Port Beach, Fremantle and will continue on until 11pm.

Come and support some local and international acts, bands and DJ’s that have travelled from  Sydney, Italy, the US and more.

Including:

• Crooked Colours
  • Giraffage
  • Just A Gent
  • Manu Crooks
  • RIVA STARR
  • Set Mo
  • More TBA

Pre-sale tickets costing $59.90 have already been sold out, but second ($69.90) and third release ($74.90) tickets can still be purchased online at www.setsonthebeach.ticketbooth.com.au or in-store at Mills Records in Fremantle.

KU-DE-TA White Party

For the first time ever KU-DE-TA , Perth’s overseas outpost of the renowned Balinese restaurant, is hosting a White Party!

This Saturday from 6pm until 2am come check out the event with many claiming the party will not shy away from Bali-style white parties, or Thailand’s infamous Full Moon party.

The event will bring guests an impressive international DJ line-up including:

• AEROPLANE (Defected)
  • MO’FUNK (Glitterbox, Hï Ibiza)
  • LOCO HERO
  • KDT ALL STARS

The White Party has a dress code to accompany their theme ‘Tippin the Light Fantastic’, with guests having to dress up in their best whites with a futuristic flair.

Whether you’re into dancing on the deck or fine dining, this event has it all with tickets ranging from $60 to $200 catering for all of Perth’s party-goers.

Click here for more information on ticket prices.

Gluten-Free Expo

The Gluten Free Expo is back again bringing you a spectacular showcase of the newest and best, gluten free foods.

With dietary requirements and allergies being an ever-increasing problem foodies have to face, this expo will be an opportunity to learn more about what delicious and easy-to-prepare food is out there.

The event runs from 9am until 5pm on Saturday March 24 and Sunday March 25.

It is an event for the whole family to enjoy with food available to purchase, samples and giveaways available on the day. So make sure to come with an empty stomach!

Online tickets can be bought here, with general tickets costing $15 and $10 for concession.

Alternatively, you can get your tickets on the day for $18 general admission, $12 concession, and children under the age of 16 enter for free. Tickets are valid for one day only.

Dog n Jog

For those of you who struggle to go out on weekends simply because you get withdrawals leaving your ‘fur-babies’ at home, then this event is for you!

The ‘Dog n Jog’ is an annual event hosted by Perth’s Murdoch University and will be running once again this Saturday 25 March.

The Dog n Jog is a free event where participants can register to compete in a 3.5 km walk, a 3.5 km run, or a 10km run.

And if you’re wondering whether your dog can keep up for the 10km run, or your want to join the event but don’t have a dog; that’s not problem, because dogs are not compulsory.

The event runs from 8am to 12pm, with the race starting at 9am sharp.

If you want to bring a friend along (even one that gets tired after walking outside to get the mail) make sure to convince them with the music and refreshments that will be available at the event. And let’s not forget about the dog-friendly popsicles to treat your dog after a workout. After all, they’ve burned the calories anyway!

Head to the Bush Court Oval at Murdoch University to get some food and fresh air for you and your four-legged friend. Click here to register.

Sunday March 25 

American Express Open Air Cinema

The American Express Open Air Cinema has been running movies at the Ozone Reserve Perth daily, offering 15 percent off ticket prices for American Express cardholders.

This film festival kicked off on March 9 and will be providing Perthites with some of the best screen time right in the heart of the CBD until April 1.

This Sunday, Ozone is amping up the entertainment with OZ Harvest Soul Sundays, followed by the screening of “Swinging Safari”. $3 from every ticket will go towards feeding vulnerable children all across Australia.

The film stars Kylie Minogue and Guy Pierce. Director, Stephen Elliot takes us to Nobby’s Beach 1970 where the washing up of a blue whale changes a teenagers life.

And if you don’t fancy a good old ‘All-Australia’ drama, here’s a list of what’s showing at the Ozone Reserve later this week:

• Tue 27 March – Lady Bird (M)
  • Wed 18 March –International Ocean Film Tour 5 (CTC)
  • Thurs 29 March – Game Night (MA15+)
  • Friday 30 March – Jumanji (PG)

Tickets prices are as follows, and can be purchased here.

• General Admission: $21
  • General Admission Concession: $18
  • Star Lounge: $43

The Star Lounge includes a reserved bean bag, warm blanket, and a glass of Glesen wine. All American Express members get a complimentary blanket along with a 15 percent discount on all tickets purchased.

New Escape Room Experience 

If you’re into board games and puzzle solving but feel like your Sunday night should be more than just staying in, then go to Escape Hunt, Perth!

Escape room’s have been climbing the ladder recently providing some of the best live game experiences for all.

Luckily for you, the Perth Escape Room has just released its newest challenge – “The Lost Treasure of Captain Black Jack”.

To book for an Escape Hunt experience you must be in a group of 2 to 6 people. Escape Hunt Perth is located at U29A/36 The Piazza South Terrace Fremantle and bookings can be online.

Prices range from $36 to $42 based on which Escape Hunt experience you intend on booking.

So gather up all your ‘mateys’ and go clue hunting !

To book your next Escape experience, click here.

What’s on this week