What’s on this week

Jasmine Atkins will be busking at the Rockingham Twilight Market

Image courtesy of Street Hassle Events

Image courtesy of Street Hassle Events

Chiko-Martin Miti, Reporter

With Easter over, April is still warm and there are plenty of things to see and do before the cold weather sets in.

Here’s our top picks for the coming weeks:

April 13-14

Kalamunda Agricultural Show 2018

Its Kalamunda’s 120th Annual Agricultural show. Set up by the Kalamunda community and the District Agricultural Society, the show will be held at Kostera Oval in Kalamunda on Friday April 13 from 5pm to 10pm and Saturday April 14 from 10am to 10pm.

There will be a lot of activities on both days including:

• Fireworks
  • Traditional show competitions
  • Stage entertainment
  • Animal nursery shows
  • Kids activities
  • Stall sales
  • And many more

The show is a great fun for all ages and entry prices are:

• Family $30
  • Adults $15
  • Concession $10
  • Children 6-15 years $5
  • Children under 6 years free

For more information visit the Kalamunda Agricultural Show 2018.

April 14

RE-Wire your thinking

If you have a love for science or consider yourself a science freak, then get ready to experience an electrifying re-wiring of your thinking. The After Dark: Rewire your thinking (18+) is an adult science event that incorporates science and technology to create music and re-write games. Come along with your friends on Saturday April 14, from 6-10pm at SciTech, located at 98 Railway Street in West Perth (near the CityWest train station)

Tickets are $25, or $22 concession. A valid ID is needed upon entry.

For more information about this event and how to get your tickets visit the event’s Eventbrite page.

April 14-15

Buddha’s Birthday and Multicultural festival

Perth’s Elizabeth Quay will be bustling with activity this coming weekend to celebrate the birth of Buddha. The event will spread the message of peace, happiness and respect, while promoting harmony to visitors of the Buddhist teachings, both locally and internationally.

This is a free all ages event running from 11am to 8pm on Saturday and 9am to 5pm on Sunday.

There will be variety of activities including

• Buddha’s Birthday Education
  • Fire works
  • Multi-faith blessing ceremony
  • Multicultural performances
  • Tea and incense appreciation
  • Meditation and tea
  • Multicultural food

For more information about this event click here.

April 15

First Come Love

Come and meet Western Australia’s wedding planners. For those planning to host parties, this is an event to attend. Held at the Perth Town Hall on Hay Street and it will run from noon to 4pm and this event has no age restriction. $15 gets you into  the exhibition. To get a ticket click here.

Activities on the day will include:

• Live music
  • Fashion on the floor
  • Canvas tote bags
  • And many more

April 21

The Rockingham Twilight Markets

Come down to sample delicious food from stalls and trucks while listening to live music down by the foreshore. A handful of boutique stalls will be there to browse through, and there will be  activities for children as well. This is a free event and it’s for all ages so bring down your families. It is a Bell Park and it runs from 5pm to 8pm.

Bike Servicing

If your bike is giving you problems then this is an event you do not want to miss. The City of South Perth is hosting a bike service day. BikeDr has been providing professional services in Perth with the main aim of servicing and repairing bicycles. This year the BikeDr will be down on the South Perth Foreshore near the Mends street jetty on April 21 from 8am to 11am and this is a free event.

For more information to find out how you can partner with BikeDr go to the BikeDr website.

April 22

Wilkinson Museum 30th Anniversary Open Day

City of Gosnells Museum is opening on Sunday April 22 to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Wilkinson Museum in Gosnells. This event will play host to multiple activities and food stalls for families to enjoy. The museum will open at 9:30am and close at 4pm. The event is located at 34 Homestead Road, Gosnells, with free entry for all ages.

This event is suitable for families, adults, teenagers and children. For more information go to the City of Gosnells website.

What’s on this week