What’s on…Quiz Night Edition

What’s on…Quiz Night Edition

Supplied by Bamboozled Quizmasters

Supplied by Bamboozled Quizmasters

Supplied by Bamboozled Quizmasters

Ebony Garlett, Reporter

The Quizzard of Oz, Otrivia Newton John, You’re A Quizzard Harry.

Quiz nights are on the rise and they’re no longer for the nerdy and those good old know-it-alls. There’s a quiz night out there for every person, every night of the week, from Murdoch to Joondalup. So keep reading to get your quiz itch satisfied.

I spoke to Sophia Kailis, from Bamboozled Quizmasters, an event planner business she runs with her husband with a reputation for doing pop culture themed nights. They’ve run quizzes themed on Harry Potter, Buffy, and The O.C., and not a detail is missed – from their decorations to the theme based puns by the host.

A normal night goes for 3 hours with games and opportunities for theme based prizes all through the night. If you can’t make up numbers for a table you can be put on a mixed table – Sophia said friendships are guaranteed.

A portion of their income goes to charities like Save the Children and dog shelters.

Some of their upcoming quizzes include The Legen-(wait for it)-dary Quiz Night, Potterheads for a dose of Harry Potter, and The O.C. lovers can head to The O.C. Fans Quiz Night.

Mondays: 

Monday Quiz Nights at The Principal. Every Monday, May 21 to June 11, 6:30pm.

23 Cale St, Midland.

Look out for the Monday night special: curry.

Tuesdays:

Every first Tuesday of the month Murdoch Tav hosts a quiz nights starting August 7, and going till October 2. No booking requirements, just head down with your team for a chance to win a $50 bar tab!

“$5 Emu Export cans all day. You bring the brains, we bring the beers.”

If you’re keen to Host a Quiz Night for free on Tuesdays throughout the semester, speak to Simon Turner on [email protected] to lock in a date

Hosted at the Murdoch Guild Tavern, Murdoch University.

Wednesdays:

Kwinana Quiz Nights do a basic knowledge trivia/quiz night, every Wednesday until January 30, 2019.

Quizzes take place 7pm at 1 Chrisham Avenue, Kwinana.

Fame Trivia at Grand Bar and Bistro – Questions based on the rich and famous, located at The Grand bar on st Georges terrace. Quiz nights every Wednesday at 6pm.

Thursdays: 

The O.C. Quiz Night takes place tonight, May 17, at the Newport Hotel, 2 South Terrace, Fremantle, from 6pm to 10pm.

The Court Quiz Nights start at 7:30pm every Thursday night at The Court Hotel, 50 Beaufort St in Perth.

Potterheads Quiz Night is on Thursday, May 24 at 6pm to 9:30pm. The quiz will cover the seven part series (books & movies) and the Fantastic Beasts movie. This is a repeat event from a sold out 8 March quiz.

Doors open at 6.00pm. Quiz starts at 7pm. Takes place at The Como, 241 Canning Highway, Como.

MASC Quiz Night – Brush up on your meme, movie and melanoma knowledge and go to the Curtin Tavern to raise money for melanomaWA.

There will be 12 rounds of 5 about quotes, Netflix, movies, alcohol, sport and of course, sun safety.

$80 for a table of 8, $12 for an individual. The kitchen closes at 7pm so get there early if you want a schnitty.

Participants are encouraged to dress up.

Empire Bar does a Thursday quiz night on this week (May 17) and next week (May 24) hosted by Empire Bar and Quiz Meister’s trivia. The event is free entry.

Prizes are:
1st: $75 Bar Card, 2nd: $50 Bar Card, 3rd: $25 Bar Card.

220 Great Eastern Highway, Lathlain from 7pm.

Fridays:

Friday Night Trivia at St Mary’s Band Club (The Bandy) starts May 18 at 7pm, 411 Great Western Highway, St Marys. Quiz nights are on every Friday until July 27.

Ebony Garlett, Reporter

Ebony is an enthusiastic young broadcast journalist who loves sports, cats and enjoys delving into the world of sci-fi with a vast board game collection....

What’s on…Quiz Night Edition