What’s on…Quiz Night Edition

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fbamboozledqm%2F

Supplied by Bamboozled Quizmasters

Ebony Garlett, Reporter

The Quizzard of Oz, Otrivia Newton John, You’re A Quizzard Harry.

Quiz nights are on the rise and they’re no longer for the nerdy and those good old know-it-alls. There’s a quiz night out there for every person, every night of the week, from Murdoch to Joondalup. So keep reading to get your quiz itch satisfied.

I spoke to Sophia Kailis, from Bamboozled Quizmasters, an event planner business she runs with her husband with a reputation for doing pop culture themed nights. They’ve run quizzes themed on Harry Potter, Buffy, and The O.C., and not a detail is missed – from their decorations to the theme based puns by the host.

A normal night goes for 3 hours with games and opportunities for theme based prizes all through the night. If you can’t make up numbers for a table you can be put on a mixed table – Sophia said friendships are guaranteed.

A portion of their income goes to charities like Save the Children and dog shelters.

Some of their upcoming quizzes include The Legen-(wait for it)-dary Quiz Night, Potterheads for a dose of Harry Potter, and The O.C. lovers can head to The O.C. Fans Quiz Night.

Mondays: 

Monday Quiz Nights at The Principal. Every Monday, May 21 to June 11, 6:30pm.

23 Cale St, Midland.

Look out for the Monday night special: curry.

Tuesdays:

Every first Tuesday of the month Murdoch Tav hosts a quiz nights starting August 7, and going till October 2. No booking requirements, just head down with your team for a chance to win a $50 bar tab!

“$5 Emu Export cans all day. You bring the brains, we bring the beers.”

If you’re keen to Host a Quiz Night for free on Tuesdays throughout the semester, speak to Simon Turner on [email protected] to lock in a date

Hosted at the Murdoch Guild Tavern, Murdoch University.

Wednesdays:

Kwinana Quiz Nights do a basic knowledge trivia/quiz night, every Wednesday until January 30, 2019.

Quizzes take place 7pm at 1 Chrisham Avenue, Kwinana.

Fame Trivia at Grand Bar and Bistro – Questions based on the rich and famous, located at The Grand bar on st Georges terrace. Quiz nights every Wednesday at 6pm.

Thursdays: 

The O.C. Quiz Night takes place tonight, May 17, at the Newport Hotel, 2 South Terrace, Fremantle, from 6pm to 10pm.

The Court Quiz Nights start at 7:30pm every Thursday night at The Court Hotel, 50 Beaufort St in Perth.

Potterheads Quiz Night is on Thursday, May 24 at 6pm to 9:30pm. The quiz will cover the seven part series (books & movies) and the Fantastic Beasts movie. This is a repeat event from a sold out 8 March quiz.

Doors open at 6.00pm. Quiz starts at 7pm. Takes place at The Como, 241 Canning Highway, Como.

MASC Quiz Night – Brush up on your meme, movie and melanoma knowledge and go to the Curtin Tavern to raise money for melanomaWA.

There will be 12 rounds of 5 about quotes, Netflix, movies, alcohol, sport and of course, sun safety.

$80 for a table of 8, $12 for an individual. The kitchen closes at 7pm so get there early if you want a schnitty.

Participants are encouraged to dress up.

Empire Bar does a Thursday quiz night on this week (May 17) and next week (May 24) hosted by Empire Bar and Quiz Meister’s trivia. The event is free entry.

Prizes are:
1st: $75 Bar Card, 2nd: $50 Bar Card, 3rd: $25 Bar Card.

220 Great Eastern Highway, Lathlain from 7pm.

Fridays:

Friday Night Trivia at St Mary’s Band Club (The Bandy) starts May 18 at 7pm, 411 Great Western Highway, St Marys. Quiz nights are on every Friday until July 27.