Chillin’ with The Spring Peaks

Chillin’ with The Spring Peaks

Photo Credit: Brenton Innate

Photo Credit: Brenton Innate

Brenton Innate

Photo Credit: Brenton Innate

Brenton Innate

Brenton Innate

Photo Credit: Brenton Innate

Abby Marlborough, Reporter

If you are ever looking for some local indie rock tunes, The Spring Peaks is probably a band you should be checking out. The Spring Peaks will be helping out City Calm Down at Metropolis Fremantle in June, and they spoke to NewsVineWA about why they do what they do.

The way to describe the band’s music is, according to the band, a combination of “matured indie-pop and alternative-rock, with a hint of cheese.” It’s a different type of sound, but one you can bob your head along to.

Asked why they create in this music genre, they said, “It’s a timeless genre that we didn’t really decide to follow, it just happened, and that’s a genre we generally write to without thinking. It just flows naturally.”

They formed the band so they could “write music with people that share the same interests and play in front of crowds and show people what we love doing”.

We asked what the hardest part about being in a band is, they said: “The hardest and most challenging part of being in a band would probably be trying to work with multiple brains and multiple ideas and be inclusive from a writing point of view and the highs would be the end result of the time and effort that goes into jamming, recording, preparation before a show.”

They struggled to name a favourite track “because a lot of hours were put into every song”, but a tune called Supermarket was mentioned as one that’s close to their hearts, it’s a boppy little ballad full of reminiscing about feelings about friendship.

And for newly formed bands, they had some words of advice, “Keep writing, put out new music, criticism is helpful.”

Their upcoming performance is at the Metropolis in Fremantle on June 16, and will be supporting Melbourne based band City Calm Down‘s tour.

You can check out The Spring Peaks on Google Play, Spotify, and Sound Cloud or you can follow them on Facebook or on Triple J Unearthed.

Abby Marlborough, Reporter

Abigail Marlborough or Abby as she likes to be called, is an inspiring Broadcasting and Film and Video student with a passion for creating content, either...

Chillin’ with The Spring Peaks