What’s on this week

What’s on this week

Kyilla Community Farmer's Market

Kyilla Community Farmer's Market

Robyn Shaikh

Kyilla Community Farmer's Market

Robyn Shaikh

Robyn Shaikh

Kyilla Community Farmer's Market

Sasha Parissis, ECU Reporter

Winter is coming … which may be an incentive to sit on the couch and binge watch Game of Thrones for the 20th time. But with so many things happening in Perth just this week – why not check some of them out?

Here’s our top picks for the week:

Saturday May 26

Galaxy Drive-in cinema

Family night, date night, or solo-movie night – anyone can visit Perth’s only drive-in movie theatre.

Galaxy Drive has a café onsite for all of your hot food and beverage cravings.

Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 is on Saturday night. Gates open at 6pm. Movie starts at 7pm. It’s at 159 Goollelal Dr, Woodvale, Joondalup,.

The cash only venue has $10 specials on the weekend, children under 4 can get in for free and on Tuesday night’s it’s only $20 per car.

And don’t forget to tune into 89.5FM on your car radio to hear the audio.

For more information on session times, click here.

Kyilla Community Farmer’s Market

Held every Saturday from 8-11:30am at Kyilla Primary School, parents and members of the community join together to set-up market stalls for everyone to enjoy.

From fruits and vegetables, to coffee, to their ‘famous’ bacon and egg wraps, all the way to plants, clothes, local produce and more; these markets have a lot on offer.

The market provides an opportunity for the school community to engage and support the local and broader community.

Local farmers can bring their fresh produce direct from the farm to the local community, effectively bringing produce from the paddock to the plate.

The Kyilla Kids Zone is also open on from 9-11am every Saturday and it’s a place where kids can play.

For more information on stalls and location, click here.

Family Fun Day for National Volunteer Week

Did you know that this week is National Volunteer Week?

It’s celebrated annually from May 21 to 27 to acknowledge the generous contribution of the 6 million Australians who volunteer their time throughout the year.

This year’s theme is: Give a little. Change a lot.

It represents the millions of volunteers who make a profound impact in their communities and on society, through giving a little time.

To celebrate the occasion, the Joondalup Volunteer Resource Centre and the City of Joondalup are hosting a free family fun day.

From 12.30pm to 3.30pm, this community event will take place in Rob Baddock Hall and on the grounds of Dampier Park, Kallaroo.

Visitors can enjoy, live music entertainment and a sausage sizzle, as well as hearing local volunteers giving speeches throughout the day.

For more information, click here.

Sunday May 27

HBF Run for a Reason

Whether you’re doing it for fitness, to get a new personal best, you’re raising money for a good cause, or you just want to have some fun with your friends- the 2018 HBF Run for a Reason has something for you!

With 4km, 12km and 21km half marathon running/walking events happening from the morning onwards, it’s going to be a busy day for Perthites who are getting involved.

Although registration has closed, it’s not too late to volunteer your time, or donate towards some great and worthwhile causes.

There are four feature charity partners that are leading the way in reducing the prevalence of chronic diseases: Lifeline, Cancer Council, Heart Foundation and DiabetesWA.

All races start from Hay Street and finish at Gloucester Park, so head there to watch the participants cross the finish line.

Ping Pong at Cathedral Square

Want to settle an argument with your sister, cousin, boss or friend?!

Then head to Cathedral Square, corner of St George’s Terrace and Barrack Street, Perth for a game of table tennis.

The free set-up is a new intuitive for everyone to keep fit, have fun, and get outdoors during the weekend and weekdays.

You can collect bats and balls from the City of Perth Library from 12pm onwards on Sundays.

Table bookings are recommended, but not essential.

For more information on weekday opening hours and table bookings, click here.

Mamma Mia! The Musical

Get ready to sing-along to all of ABBA’s greatest hits as ‘Mamma Mia! The Musical’ is now on in Perth.

Set on a Greek island paradise and inspired by ABBA’s timeless songs, the musical centres around Sophie, a young bride-to-be. On the eve of her wedding, Sophie’s quest to discover the identity of her father brings three men from her mother’s past back to the island they last visited 20 years ago.

Over 60 million-people, all around the globe have already seen and enjoyed the feel-good musical.

Held at Perth’s Crown Theatre, the musical arrived on May 15 and the season finishes July 1.

For more information on tickets and prices, click here.

Sasha Parissis, Reporter

Sasha is a young broadcaster who hopes to one day be a radio presenter for 92.9 or Nova 93.7. She is interested in languages, she is learning both Greek...

What’s on this week