What’s on: Music

What’s on: Music

Neon Picnic 2018

Neon Picnic 2018

Image by Sebastian Photography supplied by RTRFM

Neon Picnic 2018

Neon Picnic 2018

Sharni Hamann, Reporter

Live music and food is a great way to spend a day or night out with friends or loved ones. Here are some top picks of concerts and events you can visit this week.

Kodaline

Irish indie-rock band Kodaline are back in Australia on their Politics of Living Tour. The first time since their successful 2014 tour, the band are touring the LP Politics of Living which was released last September. They are performing at Rock Rover in Fremantle on 21 March.

Kodaline are known best for their hit song All I Want, which has been featured in the hit TV show Greys Anatomy and the successful YA film The Fault in Our Stars, as well as other popular songs including High Hopes and the lead single off of their new album Politics of Living, Brother.

For more time and ticket information click here

Sola Festival

Hosted at Elizabeth Quay, Sola Festival is one of the final summer events of the year. The 3-day party is in its first year and offers three individual events:

Friday 22nd: One Day presents Friday Night Lights. A hip-hop and soul event with a focus on supporting up and coming local artists as well as some established artists and DJs.

Saturday 23rd: The Racquet Club. A house and techno music event featuring some Australian artists. They have previously had a successful run with other pop up venues such as The Ice Cream Factory and The Oasis.

Sunday 24th: Habitat Garden Party + Motif Open Air Presents Booka Shade, a German electronic duo.

Not only is there live music from local, national and international artists, but there is also an assortment of food and drinks that can be purchased from licensed venues, food trucks and stalls.

The events are 18+ and tickets for each event are selling fast, so hurry if you’re interested. For more information and tickets click here.

Neon Picnic 2019

RTRFM’s Neon Picnic is back on 23 March at Hyde Park Amphitheatre. The community radio station is hosting the free event which is a precursor to their highly anticipated In the Pines music festival in April. Neon Picnic is as a chance to see a live broadcast along with live musical performances. This year the artists featured include Jere Sosa, The Struggling Kings, Michael Savage, Meraki, Fourth State and Zarm. The live broadcast starts at 11am and runs until 7pm. There are licensed bars and mobile food trucks offering meals from the likes of tacos to ice-cream. For more information click here.

Sharni Hamann, Reporter

Sharni Hamann is an enthusiastic young journalist. She is a hard-working individual with a strong passion for the media, politics and the arts.

What’s on: Music