Perth’s Upcoming Events

Perth’s Upcoming Events

Rosemount Hotel Main Room. The stage is set for a big night of Rap.

Image supplied by Rosemount Hotel.

Image supplied by Rosemount Hotel.

Image supplied by Rosemount Hotel.

Lorraine Ochieng, Reporter

If you’re after a reasons to get out and have some fun this week check out EnviroFEST, the Baysie Arts and Street Festival and late night classic hip hop rap shows at the Rosemount Hotel.

EnviroFEST

EnviroFEST will be happening at Village West, Whiteman Park on Saturday, 30 March 2019. It will showcase  ways to achieve a greener environment including ideas about planting trees and conserving them at home.

This year EnviroFEST will feature 40 exhibitions providing insights into the ecological balance of natural resources and environment protection. Check out the 2019 Exhibitors List.

The topics discussed during this event will include indigenous geological habitats, water conservation, usage of solar panels, how to dispose of wastes from home and many more ideas. Workshop schedule

In addition, there will be a sales section where you can buy organic vegetable seedlings, organic cleaning products and organic healthy body products. New and returning guests will have fun discovering new projects that will be displayed by the exhibitors.

As our society is also filled with bundles of joy, the children will not be forgotten. They will be guided through their time in the festival. Activities for their enjoyment will include face painting, creative art works that are all organic and a walk through the park.

Whiteman’s Park Photo
EnviroFest 2019

Baysie Arts and Street Festival

Baysie Rollers
The Baysie Arts & Street Fest presented by Live Lighter

The Baysie Arts and Street Festival is all about music, art, history and all that makes a community unite. The free event will be on Sunday 31 March 2019 from 2-8.30pm on King William Street in Bayswater.

The local community organisers are expecting the  event to attract more than 10,000 people.

The program includes a live music performances (including local legends the Delilah Rose Trio, Gina Williams and Guy Ghouse, Benny Mayhen and Junkadelic), dragon dance performances, a dog show, fairground rides, food trucks, an upcycling workshop, arts and craft projects on display and pop-up wine and craft beer venues. There will also be a lantern parade through the town centre at twilight.

And at the end of the event the community will be invited to experience a fireworks display.

Rosemount Rap Classics

The Rosemount Hotel has part of the Perth music scene since 1902 and its heart is still going strong.

On Thursday 28 March 2019 Mary-Anne Jay and Nick Pontin and their live band will be performing live rap music from well-known musicians such as; Eminem, Missy Elliot, Eve, the legendary rapper Tupac Shakur, 50 cent, new upcoming female artist Cardi B, Lauryn Hill from old school rap music, Snoop Dog, Nicki Minaj, Kanye West and many more.

The Rosemount is a licenced venue and serves full meals as well as snacks. It has several different areas, so you can relax and eat outside or focus on the sounds in the music rooms.

Click here for more info check out Rap Classics

Lorraine Ochieng, Reporter

Inspired by the Carol Burnett quote: "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me", Lorraine is an ambitious journalism student who is ready to...

Perth’s Upcoming Events